Architects Designers and Specifiers
At Riata Group, we help architects, designers and specifiers create 3 part CSI's, answer technical questions around product performance and usage, explain ASTM and ISO testing methods as well as explain the intent of ANSI manufacturing and installation standards for tile and stone.
Industry standards, product performance and testing are paramount when determining the suitability of a tile for a particular application. We can walk you through the various standards issued by ANSI, ICC, OSHA and ADA to ensure that you are doing your due diligence when selecting your Division 09 tile and stone finishes. We often see failures when old specifications are copied and pasted to a finish schedule and new standards are not being used.
Standards are updated, withdrawn, revised and created on a regular basis and can take years for even the most experienced tile sales professionals to catch on. Let us become a technical resource for you, your team and even your suppliers.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
- Did you know tile can be out of square according to standards?
- Did you know that OSHA and ADA no longer have numeric value requirements for slip resistance (SCOF and DCOF) when selecting a floor?
- Did you know you shouldn't offset large format tiles more than 33% when selecting a running bond pattern?
- Are you familiar with the new standards surrounding gauged porcelain panels and slabs?
- Are you sure the tile you are selecting complies with fire ratings in an elevator cab?
- Does your firm want to receive a CEU about a specific topic?
- Do you need an LRV rating and the supplier doesn't have one on file?
- Are the tiles you selected too slippery even though they are >0.42 DCOF?
We can help answer all the tough questions that will allow you to properly specify tile and natural stone products and ensure that your design is safe and has longevity.